Average 2.91 based on 15 teacher ratings
Maureen Edward is a Social Studies teacher at Georgetown District High School located in Georgetown, Ontario. When comparing Maureen Edward's ratings to other teachers in the province of Ontario, Maureen Edward's ratings are below the average of 4.17 stars. Additionally, the average teacher rating at Georgetown District High School is 4.04 stars.
4
Easiness
3
Helpfulness
2
Clarity
4
Knowledge
2
Textbook Use
4
Exam Difficulty
3
Easiness
4
Helpfulness
2
Clarity
4
Knowledge
2
Textbook Use
4
Exam Difficulty

She's a very nice lady, but she cannot teach for the life of her. Her teaching style is very "unique" in the sense where she does not make you take notes, but expects you to recall information from her conversations. Her summative seemed to have a strong disconnect with Canadian Law and her exam was outrageous with what she expected from us. She not only did not prepare us for the exam what so ever, but also mislead us with her exam review to think the exam was just on one certain topic.

3
Easiness
3
Helpfulness
3
Clarity
3
Knowledge

She was a verrry sweet teacher and I loved her but I really hated the newspaper article stuff which was 85% of the course material... (and the other 15% of the course was movies) She has an obscure teaching style, if you are an independent worker you will do well because you have to teach yourself most of the terms and lessons.

5
Easiness
4
Helpfulness
2
Clarity
4
Knowledge

I like her! Her facial expressions are ADORABLE. She's a little uneasy with her opinions at times, and she's not the BEST teacher around, but she marks really easily which is always great. Just wis

4
Easiness
5
Helpfulness
5
Clarity

great teacher, really understand genuinely wants to help her students

3
Easiness
1
Helpfulness
1
Clarity

She doesn't help anyone and all she does is read out articles from newspapers.

5
Easiness
3
Helpfulness
5
Clarity

Best law teacher I've ever had. Extremely easy going. Highest mark ever was 98% on the summative, and I am the farthest from a smart student.

5
Easiness
1
Helpfulness
1
Clarity

her husband tells her the answers to everything. She should not be a teacher. boo

3
Easiness
5
Helpfulness
3
Clarity

I really enjoyed having Mrs. Edward as my teacher. She likes Law & Order and shes very helpful. Would love to have her for Gr. 12 Law

5
Easiness
5
Helpfulness
5
Clarity

she's really nice!!!!

4
Easiness
1
Helpfulness
1
Clarity

Oh wow, I don't know what to say other then USE YOUR OWN NOTES!!!

4
Easiness
4
Helpfulness
3
Clarity

Mrs. Edward is a good teacher and she will take time to help you out. Her tests are hard, but you can pass them with a good mark, you just have to try.

2
Easiness
1
Helpfulness
2
Clarity

Tests make no sense

4
Easiness
1
Helpfulness
1
Clarity

I think she takes her lessons from supermarket tabloids!!!

3
Easiness
1
Helpfulness
1
Clarity

Where does this woman get her ideas?

2
Easiness
1
Helpfulness
1
Clarity

She has bizarre ideas taken right from the dark ages.

Similar social studies teachers like Maureen Edward?

R Keast Social Studies
44 Ratings
Jim Hansen Social Studies
40 Ratings
Barb Irvine Social Studies
16 Ratings
Geraldine Brent Social Studies
9 Ratings
Ms. Main Social Studies
3 Ratings

Learn more about Georgetown District High School

5-star
72%
4-star
10%
3-star
7%
2-star
4%
1-star
5%
Based on 2,154 Ratings
Georgetown District High School is located in Georgetown, Ontario with an average teacher rating of 4.04 stars. When comparing Georgetown District High School's teachers to other teachers in the province of Ontario, Georgetown District High School's teachers are below the average of 4.17 stars. Georgetown District High School ranks 1,037 amongst all High Schools in the province of Ontario. Learn More